| John Paul II Accredited for 5 More Years |
John Paul II Catholic High School is fully accredited by the Indiana State Board of Education and is in full compliance with the CORE 40 requirements of Indiana.
John Paul II Catholic High School received recertification of the school for another five years in late June from the Indiana State Board of Education. This means diplomas are recognized by the State of Indiana, and 21st Century Scholars are able to receive the full benefits of that college program. Accreditation guarantees that a school has submitted to an inspection by an outside objective agency and follows accepted educational practices established by the accrediting agency, which for Indiana is CORE 40. Moreover, it is much easier to transfer credits from an accredited school than from a non-accredited school, and colleges consider credits from accredited schools as more substantial than those from non-accredited schools.
|Graduation Mass and Reception|
John Paul II graduates four students at Graduation Mass held at St. Patrick's Church
Graduation Mass and Reception took place on Sunday June 16 at St. Patrick Church. Graduates were Bill Connerton, who is to attend Benedictine College; Sarah Graham, IUPUI; Nate Junker, Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology; and Nathan Seitz, Purdue University. Ninety-Seven percent of all John Paul II graduates over the years have been accepted at the college of their choice. The school choir sang the Storrington Mass accompanied by pianist and music director Larysa Tudorica. Fr. Richard Ginther was celebrant assisted by Msgr. Lawrence Moran as concelebrant. A reception hosted by the Michaelites followed at the Moran Family Life Center.
John Paul II students gathered together for a photo at the annual spring dance.
A Spring Dance was held in the John Pau II gymnasium on June 14. Music was provided by a DJ courtesy of Hwy. 40 Bar. Snacks were provided by parents, and faculty and parents chaperoned the dance. Almost all of the students attended and a good time was had by all. This was one of several dances provided for the student’s enjoyment during the school year.
|Social Dance Classes |
John Paul II students practice dance steps at dance class.
Social dance classes were held the last quarter for John Paul II students The classes were held at Terre Haute Academy of Dance from 3:30-4:30 and ran for four consecutive Friday's. Students were encouraged to invite friends to attend dance class with them. The classes were paid for by an anonymous donor to the school. The students that have taken these classes in the past have greatly enjoyed them. Two parent volunteers attended each class as chaperones for our students and provided transportation from the school to the Academy for any students needing it.
|Turkey Run State Park Trip|
Some John Paul II students at Turkey Run State Park.
A crew of John Paul II Catholic High School students spent a day at the park enjoying picnicking and hiking the trails. They left early the morning of Thursday June 13 chauffeured and chaperoned by parents and teachers. The group returned to John Paul II about 3:30 P.M. A good time was had by all participants. This was one of several field trips taken by the students during the school year. Trips contribute to the overall educational experience of the students.
John Paul II students washing cars in the school parking lot as the pancake breakfast was taking place across the street at the Sacred Heart Family Center
A car wash was taking place as a pancake breakfast was occurring across the street at the Sacred Heart Family Center. Several parents supervised the students at the carwash and others provided hoses, sprayers, extended scrub brushes, scrub brushes, buckets, soap, and other tools and supplies for the car wash. Thanks to all who helped make this a successful fundraiser. In addition to making breakfast for a large crowd at Sacred Heart and washing many automobiles at the JohnPaul II parking lot, students sold candy at both locations.
|Pancake Breakfast |
Kohl’s volunteers and John Paul II parents serve breakfast of pancakes and sausages
A Pancake Breakfast/Car Wash took place on Saturday, May 18th at Sacred Heart Parish Center and John Paul II parking lot from 8-11 A.M. Parents and corporations donated flour, milk, eggs, sour cream, syrup, sausage links, orange juice, and coffee for the breakfast. Several people cooked the pancakes and sausages for the breakfast, including parents and five Kohl's employee volunteers. Students and other volunteers waited tables and kept the Family Life Center clean during and after the event. Kohl’s also graciously donated $500 to the fundraiser.
If you would like to create an agreement for payment of tuition, please click the link below.
From FACTS Management Company
- Graduation: Graduation will be held at St. Patrick's Church on Sunday, June 16 at 1:00 P.M. The Michaelites will be hosting a reception following the Graduation ceromony.
- Candy Sale: Students will be selling candy bars on June 8th and 9th at the Quilt and Woodworking Show in Bridgeton. There will also be an opportunity to sell Candy bars at Gander Mountain from 9-1 on June 15th.
- Fish Fry:A Country Roads Fish Fry fundraiser is being organized and will take place on Friday, July 19th from 4-7 or 8. They provide the fish, chicken strips and sides, and we would be responsible for the drinks and desserts. 300 tickets will need to be sold in advance at $9.00 per person with possible discounted ticket for children.
- Summer Festival: The Summer Carnival/Festival will take place on the campuses of Sacred Heart and John Paul II. The dates for this event will be Friday, August 9th and Saturday, August 10th.. The times for the event will be from 12pm-12am each day.
- Accepting Applications: John Paul II is taking applications for students to attend next year. Call 235-9108 for information.
- Sale of Script: John Paul II is setting up a script program from which it will receive a percentage of all purchases from participating businesses. Watch for details!
- Candy Bar Sale: John Paul II Catholic High School will be selling candy bars with a JP II logo on the wrapper as a fundraiser for the school. They will be sold at all JPII events and by placing in strategic places in cooperating businesses and institutions. The candy bars are $1.00 each and the school will receive 50% of the profit.
- Dance Classes for all students began on April 12th, and are held at the Terre Haute Academy of Dance. Classes are from 3:30-4:30 for four consecutive Fridays.